ELTWeekly Vol. 4 Issue#9 | February 27, 2012 | ISSN 0975-3036
Personality Development and Soft Skills is designed to serve as a textbook that addresses the requirements of students of any discipline who are on the threshold of starting their careers or young managers who are already working in the corporate world. The book aims to provide crucial insights into various facets of developing one’s personality, as well as to improve written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
Special attention has been paid to the specific needs of a job aspirant, such as writing of effective CVs, participation in group discussions, tackling job interviews, and to hone one’s public speaking and speed-reading skills.
The book provides an overview of the growing importance of modern learning mechanisms such as the Language Laboratory.
By providing a rich array of case studies, and carefully developed classroom based exercises and self assessment tests, the book attempts to provide the reader with hands-on experience to cope with the demands of the world of business.
The book also includes a CD-ROM for better understanding.
The following are the key features of the book:
- Provides inputs on avoiding common mistakes in speaking English
- Provides several case studies, examples and illustrations to elucidate the concepts discussed
- Contains several classroom-based activities for students to develop their personalities and enhance their soft skills
The CD features presentations on the following:
- Group Discussion
- Job Interviews
- Body Language
The following is the list of the main chapters of the book ’Personality Development and Soft Skills’ by Dr. Barun K Mitra:
- Personality Development: A Must for Leadership and Career Growth
- Soft Skills: Demanded by Every Employer
- Communication Skills: Spoken English, Phonetics, Accent, Intonation
- Your Résumé or Curriculum Vitae—The First Step Forward
- Group Discussion: A Test of Your Soft Skills
- Job Interviews: The Gateway to the Job Market
- Body Language: Reveals Your Inner Self and Personality
- Enhance Your Writing Skill to Create an Impression
- Fog Index: Provides Guidance for Proper Writing
- Beware of Pitfalls—Avoid Errors
- Language Laboratory and Modern Methods of Learning.
To buy the book for OUP website, click here.